The torrential rain in Napier has caused severe flooding and landslips. A state of emergency has been announced, many residents have had to be rescued from their homes and over 3,000 homes have been without power.
If you’ve been affected, our Brokers and dedicated Claims Advisers are here to provide support and guide you, so please just get in touch.
To make a claim
- You can start a claim through My Rothbury App;
- Speak to one of our dedicated Claim Advisers over the phone
- Ask for a claim form to be sent to you
- Download and complete a claim form from our website
Here are some guidelines to help you get through this difficult time
- Stay safe and treat all water as contaminated.
- Do not do anything that puts your safety at risk.
- If it is safe to do so, place items off the ground and above any water line; and salvage any items that might be able to be repaired.
- If your vehicle has been submerged, please do not try to start the engine. Arrange for your vehicle to be towed to a repairer to inspect any damage as soon as you are able.
- Do not operate any electrical appliances that may have been flood damaged.
- Do not dispose of any damaged items - your Insurer/Assessor may need to view these.
- Take photos of damaged property – including individual items if you can.
- Make a list of any damage and damaged items.
- Make your home safe and sanitary if you are able but do not do any non-essential repairs.
What you can do to help us process your claim faster
- Provide copies of receipts or manuals for damaged items, especially if they are unrecognisable in the photos.
- Provide as many details as you can about the damaged items. For example the make, model, where it was purchased, date you purchased it and the serial number if you can.
- Get written quotes to replace or repair your damaged items.
About the AuthorName: Rothbury
Like many of our business insurance clients we're a majority NZ owned company that was started by enterprising Kiwis in 1950. Today, New Zealand is a different place to when we first started. As a consequence, the way…
Like many of our business insurance clients we're a majority NZ owned company that was started by enterprising Kiwis in 1950. Today, New Zealand is a different place to when we first started. As a consequence, the way we respond to your business and personal protection needs has evolved and matured.
While our core business is still related to creating the best insurance solutions for you, our motivation and passion now lie in being unconditional advocates for our diverse range of clients. In other words people like you.Close
Feedback & Comments
No one has posted yet! You could be the first!